Check here often for more information on current classes. Or register with this site and an email will be sent to you when current class info!
Levels of instruction
- Beginner – The student knows nothing or very little about music and their instrument of choice.
- Intermediate – The student already possesses an instrument and has a rudimentary knowledge of the basics of the instrument and music.
- Advanced – The student has been playing a particular instrument (or multiple instruments) for a significant amount of time and wishes to learn even more about music and his or her instrument of choice.
- Expert – This is the only free class. You are the teacher and Boyd is the student!
Methods of Instruction
- Lecture (Instrument familiarization, music theory, playing techniques, music genres)
- Demonstrations (Instruments, techniques, adjustments, care, repair)
- Chord charts and tablature (see examples in this category)
- Practice using rhythm tracks
- Recording techniques
- Computer methods of slowing down audio tracks
- Computer methods of changing the key of recorded music
- Instructor accompaniment
- Guest instructors
- Group seminars